Are we seeing transmutation?
First of all, fantastic article!
Although a complex space charge or ball of fire forming on an anode has an interior of positive ions and an exterior of electrons (forming a double layer) a true "free floating fireball" is physically disconnected from any electrode. Andrea Rossi seems to be producing a true "free floating fireball" where SAFIRE is producing the same basic structure but wrapped around an anode. In the above video, since the fire ball is actually in contact with the anode, it's not technically free floating even though it still has the same basic structure. I would like to list a few nuggets of information that I've came across.
1) There is a sharp voltage gradient at the innermost double layer or membrane. Monty Childs said that in some cases this gradient can be up to 1000 volts.
2) The electrical resistance at this membrane drops so low it cannot be measured. This might be a sign of a coherent state or superconductivity.
3) The membrane is the densest portion of the plasma. This is due to the containment field produced by the structure. Unlike hot fusion reactors, there is no need for external magnetic fields.
4) The transmutations and excess heat seem to happen when the large broad double layers collapse down to very close to the surface of the anode and produce a single membrane with a sharp voltage drop. This happens suddenly when the current is increased above a certain level.
5) These self organizing plasmas all produce ion acoustic waves that can be picked up on an oscilloscope. Even if you did not have a port or a camera, you could see what was happening in real time. I'm very curious about how the wave forms change during the stage where there are many double layers and when they collapse down to the singular membrane.
6) A ball of fire acts as a resonant cavity that can feed off MW or RF energy. There have been experiments in which a ball of fire was created with an electrical discharge and then the electricity is turned off and a RF or MW source is turned on that sustains the plasma ball. I think this is a further indication that there is something truly special about the membrane.
7) What Bob Greenyer says about the ball of fire being able to self sustain as long as there is an adequate source of electrons is absolutely correct. There are many adjustments that could be made to a system to try and optimize how many electrons are available to feed the plasma after the input power is cut off. This is how I think Rossi can create a ball of fire in his system, turn down the input power, and allow it to self sustain.
8) There could very well be a lot of energy wasted in the form of SR and ultra low momentum neutrinos. One idea I have for how to keep the fire ball self sustaining is to use a material with a high thermal neutron cross section and a low work function for the cathode(s). So when SR or ULMN is being emitted by the plasma ball, it could heat up the cathode and induce thermionic emission of electrons.
9) If you listen to Monty Child's interview on The Electric View on YouTube, you will hear him talk about one gas that was not supposed to be very reactive but WAS very reactive and another gas that should have been very reactive but was not. I'm pretty sure the gas that turned out to be very reactive was NITROGEN and the gas that turned out not to be very reactive was oxygen.
10) I would love to find out if a laser pointed at the ball of fire might be deflected if there is a repulsive gravitational field being produced.
I am thinking that if Helium is produced, shouldn’t it cause a rise in the pressure of the chamber? I mean, suddenly an amount of solid matter transmuted to a gaseous element, due to gas properties, should have an impact in the chamber pressure, it is sealed and kept under constant vaccum pumping?
Would this open source spectrometer, https://youtu.be/Y6RZ-egosn0 , be capable of detecting the Helium?
Such a simple and very low cost instrument! See https://spectralworkbench.org
It looks very impressive, however with all the shine is hard to see detail, is Henk sure it Wasn’t it simply melting and producing a shorter / thicker end? Not skeptical, just going trough the checklist.